- Grants are awarded annually to students of marine biology and related natural sciences.
- Students must be enrolled in an institute of higher education within the state of South Carolina.
- Preference is given to graduate students who are well into their research. Applications from beginning graduate students and advanced undergraduates will also be considered.
- Previous Slocum-Lunz grant recipients are not eligible for additional funding within the same degree program.
- Awards are to be used for research and related expenses, not for books, travel to meetings, tuition, or institutional indirect costs.
- Individual grants do not usually exceed $1,200.
Application for funding:
Request for proposals is now open (submission deadline, 5:00 pm EST, Tuesday February 20, 2018).
Download: Grant Application Form